DATE OF MANUFACTURE: 10TH AUGUST 1955 | CURRENT COLOURS: BURGUNDY RED / TAN LEATHER
This Jaguar XK140 SE Drophead Coupe was supplied new by the Jaguar USA Distributor in Los Angeles, Charles Hornburg & supplied to it first owner Harry R Alsleben.
This stunning XK was always a rust free example well kept but restored recently by us to a very high standard with a host of upgrades including conversion form left hand drive to right hand drive to include electric power steering & chrome wire wheels with period tyres to make a lovely drivable vehicle for every day use even for the first time collector.
Original colours of Pearl Grey / Red interior trim were changed during the recent restoration to a most attractive & popular Burgundy Red / Tan leather interior complimented by beautiful Burr woodwork dash.
The car is UK duty paid & situated in the UK.
Upgrades during restoration:
- 5 Speed transmission conversion
- Modern electric power steering
- 70 AMP alternator conversion
- High torque gear reduction starter
- Electronic ignition system
- Thermostatically controlled electric fan
- Front disc brake conversion
- Dual brake system with modern servo
- Bilstein shock absorbers
- Rear crankshaft oil seal conversion
- Clutch conversion to hydraulic
- Electronic fuel pump
- Moto D Lita wooden steering wheel
- Jaguar Heritage Certificate
- Original reproduced hand Book
- Miscellaneous correspondence
This vehicle is available for viewing in the UK on an appointment basis & would suit a collector with whom this vehicle will represent a good acquisition opportunity.
Lux Classics make every effort to ensure that the information contained on the website ("the Information") is accurate and complete. However, errors and omissions may occur from time to time and we are not able to guarantee the accuracy of the Information. Therefore, we cannot be held liable for any reliance which you place on the information. Lux Classics does not give any warranties in respect of the website or the Information or the goods and services available via the website and makes no representations as the fitness for a particular purpose of any goods or services available via the website.